What information do we collect and how are we collecting it?
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” (IP) address. When a visitor requests a page from our website, our Web servers automatically recognize that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site.
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter personal information, credit card information and/or your e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
If you choose to purchase something online, or register for an event, we need to know your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number, and card expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• We use this information to evaluate our traffic in aggregate, but we do not collect and evaluate this information for individuals. Our Web server does not record email addresses of visitors.
• To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs and/or requests)
• To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
• To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.• To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
Cookie and tracking technology is useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or allow your browser to show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept cookies, your experience at other Websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of the information you provide to us.
Do we disclose any information to outside third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to:
• Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on halftimeinstitute.org
• Enforce our site policies
• Protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Halftime Institute, or visitors to halftimeinstitute.org
• Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties;
• Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
What responsibility do we take for third party links?
Occasionally, and at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. As an added value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. You may check with the sites to which we link to determine their individual privacy policies.
Further, by clicking on these links, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss, or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on such external sites or resources.
We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We do not share any of the individual personal information you provide with any other site, linked or otherwise. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online-for example through email, discussion lists, or elsewhere-that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
We seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
2626 Cole Avenue, Suite 900
Dallas, TX 75204