John Ramstead’s first half experiences were diverse and adventurous, but nothing compared to what he encountered in mid-life. Imagine this: John started out in the United States Navy where he served as a fighter pilot. Then he transitioned to an entrepreneur and then to leading a Fortune 500 management team.
Then life threw him an enormous curve ball – a tragic accident that no one thought he would come back from. After 23 surgeries, he not only survived, but he now lives a very full life and isn’t wasting a day.
John worked closely with his Halftime Coach to get clear on his calling, and now he has a thriving ministry, equipping and empowering influential leaders all over the world. You may be familiar with John’s podcast, Eternal Leadership, which has been named one of the most influential podcasts for business by Inc. Magazine.
We interviewed John live on Thursday, May 30, 2019 for a 30-min conversation about what he lived through and what he has learned about God, himself, and his role on this earth. It is the first of a series of live interviews we’ll be doing with Halftime Alumni.
John’s infectious joy and unique perspective is sure to challenge you and inspire you.
In addition to our live interview with John, we captured 5 Fast Facts about him to encourage and equip you on your journey.
5 Fast Facts
1. What is book has had the greatest impact on your life? Besides the Bible and Halftime? I read 2-3 books per month. One that stands out is Essentialism by Greg McKeown.
2. If you could spend an hour with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be? Here is a different one: Benaiah (from 2 Samuel 23:20-21). Mark Batterson wrote a book about him titled In a Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day. I would love to have a conversation with him when I get to heaven.
3.Where is your “happy place”? On a hike in the mountains or relaxing on a beach with family.
4. What aspect of the halftime journey has been most transformational for you and why? Definitely the coaching. My Halftime Coach was integral to where I am now.
5. What has been the most beneficial spiritual practice in your life? Reading the Bible daily using the 365-day Bible app.
If you listened to John’s story and you’re wanting to move forward on your next season, we are here for you.
If you’re wanting to
- Define your calling
- Build more margin for your areas of passion
- Include your spouse in the journey
- Make more traction on the Kingdom impact you want to see
…we’d love to help. That’s why we exist – to come alongside men and women in mid-life and allow them to get clear, get free, and get going on what God is calling them to. We’ve honed our tools and our coaching model over the past 20 years so that it can help you gain traction and avoid costly mistakes that could deter you.
We’d love to help you find the best Halftime program for you and help you to live a 10 out of 10 abundant life of impact like John.