Two months ago we shared the exciting news of a strategic shift to our leadership. After 11 years of faithful service at Halftime, our tenured CEO, Dean Niewolny, transitioned into a position as Chairman of the Board while new Co-Executive Directors, Jim Stollberg and Tom McGehee, took the lead.
As CEO, Dean’s Spirit-led leadership, faithful stewarding practices, and strategic vision have allowed us to expand our reach and equip countless leaders for Kingdom impact around the globe.
We recently had the opportunity to sit down with Dean and discuss the ‘Top-10’ things he has learned about this journey – both from his own experience, and from speaking with hundreds of other leaders committed to finding and living out their Ephesians 2:10 Callings.
Here’s what he shared…
FROM THE FRONT ROW
The Ten Most Important Things Learned from Seeing Successful People Find True Purpose
1. The best players know the value of coaches.
2. No mistake, no season of life, is wasted.
3. Since your calling is what you are made to do, in different seasons of life, you may be called to do different things.
4. Volunteering is something you can do. A calling is what you’re made to do.
5. Transformation takes time and is always possible.
6. Failure is not a failure.
7. Your head journey gives you momentum; your heart journey gives you direction.
8. Comparing yourself to others is a waste of good time.
9. Most of what you need to know is already in you.
10. Meaning and purpose have a timetable, and it’s rarely “right now.”
Dean’s observations remind us that a life of purpose is not out of reach. Our lives can be marked by impact and joy — no matter the season. In Ephesians 2, we learn that God both prepares good works and empowers us to walk in them.
While we don’t claim to have any magic bullet for life transformation, our Halftime Certified™ Coaches do have experience helping leaders identify and live out their Ephesians 2:10 Calling, all while avoiding the common pitfalls along the way.
Want to put these principles into practice?
Consider downloading our printable graphic as a visual reminder and take a moment to ask yourself the following…
- Did any of the concepts above surprise you? If so, why?
- Which lessons do you find most difficult to live out? Which ones come more naturally?
- What is one next step you can take to walk in these words of wisdom as you seek to engage in your Ephesians 2:10 Calling?
The Halftime Institute is a global fellowship of friends committed to leveraging our leadership capacity for God’s purposes. If there is anything we can do to serve, connect, or equip you on your path to maximized Kingdom impact in the meantime, please reach out.