During our time, Steve and Lloyd shared that our role as parents shifts from caretaker to cop to coach and finally, to consultant.
Here are 10 parenting principles to keep in mind:
1. Join them on their journey, don’t judge their journey.
2. Invite them to leverage you as a resource.
3. Have conversations, set expectations.
4. Be aligned with your spouse.
5. Support them, regardless of their journey.
6. Be careful not to push (push too hard and you may push them away).
7. Love them where they are at, as Jesus love us.
8. Ask them questions, seek their counsel.
9. Continue to live your own lives, grow your marriage.
10. Pray for them, entrust them to God.