During our time together, Mike and Lloyd shared insight on the power of pushing pause, taking time to reprioritize, and letting go of what is no longer important.
5 Keys to Persevering with Patience
1. Leverage seasons of waiting to get clear – Mike shared the importance of focusing on the 3 Cs – getting clear on his core, capacity, and context. Consider how you can examine your passions, giftedness, and temperament, create margin, and design a platform that fits.
2. Remember that your Calling is a gift to receive, not a goal to achieve – Discovering your Ephesians 2:10 Calling is more akin to archeology than construction – you aren’t so much building something as you are uncovering what is already there.
3. Gifts are for service, not status – Accept the invitation to “make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.” (Galatians 6:4-5, The Message)
4. There is no finish line – This is a lifelong journey of learning and growing. We’ll never have it all figured out, but we can take steps forward as we trust that God has uniquely prepared us for the path ahead.
5. Fasten your seatbelt – Be prepared for an exciting adventure and be encouraged to stick with it. As Bob once told Mike, “when opportunities come along, don’t duck!”